Friday, October 3, 2008

TLE loves Santiago





Hi kids,
Do you have the "Friends and Friends of Friends" TLE Comp? Do you have the corresponding Hoodie or the Tender Loving Emperor Shirt? Have you seen all the kick ass posters TLE puts around Town...Or OUr New Website! Well If you answered "Yes, Yes! Oh God Yes!" to any of these questions then there is a good chance that you've seen the work of TLE's Favorite designer Santiago Uceda. As a fellow TLE designer I gotta say Santigo has definitely taken a lion share of the work with good reason. His solid designs coupled with his unique understanding of color and composition has helped solidify the visual structure of Tender Loving Empire.... (Plus I think Jared has a man crush on him,but you didn't hear that from me). Now we are happy to say that Santiago is officially a TLE showing artist with his new show titled " Invasive Species" now on display through November 15th. As gallery curator I got to see the show before anyone else and hanging it gave me the inside edge to purchase some pieces for myself before anyone else snatched them away from me. I think its fair considering some jack off stole my last batch of Uceda work right off my walls during my birthday party this last August. Listen you son of a Bitch... if you're reading this blog I'm looking for you and hells coming with me! Okay I need to take a moment ... Okay much better.
Anyway the work is rad and what's really exciting is that we got to display his new shoe with RYZ wear. Unfortunately for me they only make the shoe up to a size 12! Can't a big brother get any love? You can see all the fun we had during the shows opening and the work on our Flickr account.
Keep an Eye out kids A.P.E will be here before you know it and I'm so excited I just peed my pants a little.

No comments: